February 15, 2009

ZIMMER TWINS

ZIMMER TWINS allows students to create and share animated stories.
I reckon children will love creating stories with these characters: twins who have some kind of psychic powers and their adopted cat called 13.
Apart from the motivational factor, I think ZIMMER TWINS can help teachers practise story-telling skills with their students. See the lesson plan I have designed for this purpose.
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcggp33f_2gz2pd6dz&hl=en

Besides, ZIMMER TWINS will help children memorize and/or learn vocabulary (feelings, action verbs, etc) and internalize the basic structure of a sentence in the present tense (substitution of sentence parts in the creating stage).

First watch this animated movie to get a feel.
http://www.zimmertwins.com/node/653200

Now watch this tutorial that shows how to make an animated story.
http://www.zimmertwins.com/movie/howto

Here you can find some more information about the site.
http://www.zimmertwins.com/movie/welcome

http://www.zimmertwins.com/help

Now give it a try. (You have to master the tool before using it with your students.) Remember you can either create an ending for one of the starters or make a movie from scratch.
http://www.zimmertwins.com/movie/starters

No comments: